On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 00:54:23 -0700 Donnie Berkholz
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| Wernfried Haas wrote:
| > I rather have the current process with all its problems than one
| > single ruler deciding stuff, even if he decides good - or like a
| > total moron, you just never know with kings.
| > The king is dead, long live the council!
|
| The council doesn't actually do anything AFAICT, it just "approves"
| GLEP decisions that have already been made. So in effect we have no
| leadership.

And that is a large part of the problem. Were the council less
spineless, things might actually get done.

The problem with a dictatorship is that when the dictator screws up,
the damage is huge. The problem with a representative democracy --
especially when using Condorcet, which is highly biased in favour of
moderates -- is that nobody is prepared to do anything that's in any
way risky, controversial or useful.

--
Ciaran McCreesh
Mail            : ciaran dot mccreesh at blueyonder.co.uk