I have been busy all the summer! Is there any news about the TeXLive ebuild?

About the texmf tree, is there really many packages that would be included in
each distributions? Would a modular ebuild system like the one used by Gnome
(emerge gnome and emerge gnome-lite) and X.org would be nice for TeXLive? Each
packages in the texmf tree could be updated independently if needed and the
packages like beamer could be also included in the dependencies.

Thanks

Gabriel Lavoie