On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 09:54:09PM -0700, Daniel Ostrow wrote:
> <snip>
>
> > > I like this option better than sticking another file into the public
> > > tree that no user will ever need.
> >
> > Instead, modifying the eclass metadata and adding two new keys, that
> > users will never need is fine? :)
> >
> > This isn't really user data, tiz developer data; thus the user bit
> > doesn't matter.  Sarcasm aside, what *does* matter as that the
> > purpose of this is a temporary hack to cover portages ass.
> </snip>
>
> In light of it being useless data for users is there any reason not to
> add the files to CVS and then pull them out before the tree is synced
> with the master mirror as part of that script?

Devs are lazy and don't always do a full cvs up, same reason the
repoman metadata.xml check relies on pulling metadata.dtd down,
instead of having a copy pushed into the cvs repository.

Re: yoinking the file from the cvs->rsync transfer, frankly who cares.
It's one file out of 124 _thousand_ files; <400 bytes.  Really ain't
worth it.

~brian