Stuart Herbert wrote:
> On 9/3/06, Alec Warner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> And no one has implemented any kind of solution.
>
> You need someone to implement a solution?  Surely what we need is for
> folks to actually make an announcement in the first place?
>
> I asked for what has become GLEP 42 because we do have a problem
> reaching folks with announcements.  But you know what?  GLEP 42
> wouldn't help in cases like this, where there's either no announcement
> at all, or the announcement comes at the last minute.
>
> Technology is just a tool.  A technical solution needs something fed
> into it.

I never specified that the solution had to be technical in nature ;)

We have the Gentoo Status project, but it's been rather dead lately.  We
have PR, but they are more concerned with the release; in the end
GCC-4.1 going stable is up to releng and arch teams (heck it doesn't
technically have to go stable on all arches).  So who "screwed up" in
this case?