Stefan Schweizer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as requested by multiple devrel members I have written a GLEP to standardize
> bugzilla access for contributors. It has already been discussed on the
> devrel mailing list before but I am looking for a wider opinion now.
>
> This is also a submission for the new council when it meets.
>
> Best regards,
> Stefan

Errr. on -devrel you noted you would just make people take the ebuild
quiz and now devrel wants a GLEP again?

I'll state the same thing I stated on that list.

A.  This already happens.  I had bugs access for MONTHS before becoming
a dev; I got assigned to the portage buggroup and I could edit portage
bugs.  Anyone already on the portage team could add me, so no nastiness
for recruiters (or anyone else).

B.  Double bonus is that I don't even see why a GLEP is required?  This
is a small subset of users using one resource (bugzilla) so perhaps
Infra and devrel and you can work out the requisite groups?  Why is
there all this red tape?

Create a group; come up with a subset of bugs that they can access, add
user to group -> done.  As long as they can't access my bugs; I really
shouldn't (and trust me I don't) care.

C.  No real standard on any other fora.  I don't need a GLEP to add
someone to my project overlay, or grant them voice or ops in my
project's IRC channel.  I don't need a GLEP to get them subscribed to my
mailing list and I don't need a GLEP to add them to (most) project
aliases.  Why does this require one?