On Mon, Sep 04, 2006 at 01:54:02PM +0200, Stefan Schweizer wrote:
> Josh Saddler wrote:
> > Because as much as possible, we need to see something concrete, not "maybe
> > an arch tester." We need to have a better definition of what "when needed
> > is" and who these "some people" are -- think about it. Do we want a system
> > that works like devship, but only halfway -- like you suggested, just
> > passing the ebuild quiz -- or is something more needed?
>
> If it needs to be extended a new GLEP like this one can be written or this
> one extended. This is only about bugzilla access, nothing more. So no, it
> is meant to be as non-concrete as possible to allow usage in as many cases
> as possible.

This practically means opening up bugzie to world + dog. Maybe not right
now but being so non-concrete as you call it means we can never tell
anybody no. All they have to do is calling themselves a contributor.
Personally I think this is only going to lead to chaos and I'm not at
all frilled by the idea.

If this is to go forward it needs to be well-defined - handwaving simply
isn't cutting it imo.

Regards,
Bryan Østergaard