Simon Stelling wrote:
> I would like you to share your comments on the attached GLEP with me.

I like the idea with one exception:

> Licenses that need to be explicitly accepted before installation of a package
> (and only these) should be package.masked by default with a header like
> the following:
>
> ::
>
>       # Simon Stelling <[EMAIL PROTECTED] (20 Sep 2006)
>       # This license needs to be agreed on explicitly to be considered
>       # legally binding.
>       # By unmasking and installing the package you agree with its terms.
>       txt-licenses/wierd-license

Why not make the ebuild ask for confirmation? Would work with versioned licenses
(for example: txt-licenses/wierd-license-2.1 and
txt-licenses/wierd-license-2.999 - both would require ACK). Breaks portage in a
way it's interactive, but it's already happening in few ebuilds
(eutils.eclass::check_license()).

--
Krzysiek Pawlik   <nelchael at gentoo.org>   key id: 0xBC555551
desktop-misc, x86, java, apache, ppc...