The "minority" arches like mips, sparc etc seem to get along quite happily.

Not the "minority" arches like m68k, s390, alpha, ...

> - Reduce the number of projects by eliminating the dead, weak,
> understaffed, and unnecessary projects

Weak: Be more specific.  What are the "weak" projects, and why?

Projects that don't achieve anything, have no goals, and don't show
any promise of doing anything productive.

Understaffed: this issue manifests itself as a project being slow to
update.  However the only place this is an issue is for security issue
management.  Another solution to under-staffing is to reduce
expectations.

The more we reduce expectations, the more it will hurt users. We
should be raising expectations and following through.

Unnecessary: again, be more specific. What are the "unnecessary"
projects, and why?

Projects that aren't needed to further Gentoo and are not helpful to
users or developers.