On Mon, 2006-10-09 at 23:30 -0400, Kari Hazzard wrote:
> The point is that if you build Gentoo to be developer-friendly rather than
> user-friendly, Gentoo will be replaced by something else.

...and?  You seem to think that Gentoo being "developer-friendly" would
be a change in the current way we do things.

> User-centric design is why Gentoo is/was different from everything else. Take
> away choices that people want and you take the Gentoo philosophy out of
> Gentoo itself.

I can tell you that in the three years that I've been a developer, not
once have I done "user-centric" design.  I have always done what I think
is the best way to do something.  I am not alone, I know.  It's pretty
simple.  We design a system that *we* want to use.  If others benefit
from it, then great.

Apparently, this works pretty well since we have thousands upon
thousands of users.

--
Chris Gianelloni
Release Engineering Strategic Lead