Caleb Cushing wrote:
partition limits are decided by the size of the drive and the other
partitions on it.

really that seems impossible. GLI told me I couldn't have a boot
partion smaller than ~50MB it complained about it. and I think I
remember it complaining less because I was able to continue ... about
having 140GB /home partition it only wanted to make.... a 20GB
partition. but it absolutely would not do 32MB boot partion I have. it
was like giving me a negative number, I assumed these are features not
bugs.

That's not an installer imposed limit. It's a limitation of the slider bar used for choosing the size. I haven't figured out how to decouple it from the entry fields while still making it useful if you want to use it. Patches are welcome.

As for the 20GB partition, I have no idea. Perhaps that's a limit imposed by libparted, but it's not a limit that *I* put into the code.

--
Andrew Gaffney                            http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
Gentoo Linux Developer                                   Installer Project