Alec Warner wrote:
>> Those get uploaded and look fine but after 6 months they are suddenly
>> being removed by the script.
>>

> There is a distfiles whitelist[1] for this exact purpose...isn't there?
>
> [1]
> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/infrastructure/mirrors/overview-distfile.xml

Thanks for the heads up. I was not aware of this when I was looking for a
solution badly back then. Must be a rather recent development. Looks easy
and straightforward - even deleting is possible. Good job, guys :)

Still the developer needs to know about it and think of it in the moment of
adding mirror restrictions to an ebuild with mirror://gentoo sources. A
risk that is not going to be taken in any of my ebuilds.

I hope the people that prefer mirror://gentoo know about the issue and the
solution :)

Thanks,
Stefan