Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò schrieb:
> As per summary, net-im/kopete is going away (again).
> For a while upstrem released some versions out of the KDE release cycle
> (0.12_alpha through 0.12.2), but now 0.12.3 was merged again inside
> kdenetwork-3.5.5, so the point of having it in net-im is gone again.
>
> As I've heard the most foolish requests about this, I'll be masking it for
> good. kde-base/kopete has already all the changes I did to net-im/kopete in
> the past months backported, so there's no regression in moving to it now.

A user just brought one reason to my attention why it might be a good
idea to keep this around separate from kdenetwork:
kde-base/kopete-3.5.5 depends on the whole KDE installation being 3.5.5,
while users who run stable may want to have their stable KDE
installation and only kopete ~amd64. kde-base/kopete-3.5.5 depends on
kdelibs-3.5.5 which in turn means your whole KDE installation has to be
3.5.5, while the current net-im/kopete may also be installed with older
KDE versions.

Not sure if this is a good enough reason to keep the package in portage,
but it's something that should be taken into consideration for those
running a stable gentoo...