On Wednesday 31 January 2007, Jim Ramsay wrote:
> Personally I'd rather just add one line to my ebuild as opposed to
> creating and maintaining a .desktop file in the files directory.  This
> would just add a useful feature for those who want that level of
> flexibility.

which is rarely needed/wanted

i could add an option for every single aspect of the .desktop file spec but in
reality, you have to draw the line somewhere

the items you requested, while useful, are not nearly common enough to warrant
attention on any scale

about the only thing that'd work is an additional parameter called "cruft"
that'd be passed unfiltered into the .desktop file
-mike