On Thu, 8 Feb 2007 13:01:08 -0500
Mike Frysinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > some init.d scripts use arrays as well
> >
> > Do we know which ones?
>
> grep for it :p
> netmount for sure right now

Well, netmount is baselayout, so that will kinda be done by default :)

> i guess my point was i think we really need to be consistent here ...
> either arrays are OK for init.d scripts or they're not OK

I say no, as I'd like eventually anything in /etc/init.d,conf.d to be
useable by any shell. It's not especially hard to make existing scripts
in the tree work either. I'm happy to do this myself.

> did you get a chance to see how hard it would be to integrate the
> bash array code ?

Integrate into what? You mean integrate into other shells?

Roy