First, by directing this email at you, I am not in any way suggesting
that others are justified in attacking you or that you are at fault in
a technical sense.

That being said, it's generally futile to bitterly demand that people
treat you with respect. It doesn't work.

So, that means that if you are falsely accused of something, and you
post an equally accusatory or biting response, you have now become
part of the problem by descending to their level, and it's no longer
clear that only one party is at fault.

The best strategy is to just be genuinely considerate and bambi-like
even when people don't deserve it, and hope that it catches on. People
tend to respond in kind.

You have reaped a bit of a whirlwind with your regularly
caustic/sarcastic posts, and I am sure that this has contributed to
people perceiving you in a negative light and instinctively responding
to you in a negative way. You also tend to keep the flame alive with
your very good recollection of the faults of others.

It really isn't an issue of who is right or wrong, but an issue of
exercising basic social graces so that people aren't continually out
to get you. It's not about changing the subject, but rather discussing
the subject without engaging in biting dialogue.

Really, I think the root of it is that your frequent caustic sarcasm
is often interpreted as a personal attack or "put down" by nearly all
cultures of the world. Sarcasm doesn't work well over email, and it's
easily interpreted in a way that you might not intend. So from the
perspective of many, right or wrong, it is you who is starting the
fight.

-Daniel

On 2/20/07, Ciaran McCreesh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 10:12:26 -0700 "Daniel Robbins"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| Can you please refrain from making inflammatory accusations in your
| posts? This is not a forum for airing personal grievances, and they do
| not serve any purpose besides encouraging others to do the same to you
| - as you have discovered.

So, wait... It's ok for people to post wild conspiracies blaming the
whole Diego thing on me, but it's not ok to post factual material in
response?

--
Ciaran McCreesh
Mail                                : ciaranm at ciaranm.org