On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 18:11:53 +0000 Steve Long
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-1053530.html#1053530 <--
> > acceptable
> >
> Um, that was in Off The Wall, which is known to be a bit.. er, off
> the wall?
>
> And idiotic as that post was, he wasn't directing his idiocy at
> another user. (I didn't read the whole thread, admittedly, nor am I
> about to.)

You mean, he was offending whole groups of users at once, rather than
one person in particular, so it was ok.

That's pretty much how the forums work. You're fine saying absolutely
anything you want about people by category (unless that category is
the forum mods or a category including their friends), so long as you
doesn't name any individual (unless it's a member of the mips team --
it's perfectly ok to say anything you want about any of those).

--
Ciaran McCreesh
Mail                                : ciaranm at ciaranm.org
Web                                 : http://ciaranm.org/