On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 17:46:41 +0000 Steve Long
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Stephen Bennett wrote:
> > Chris Gianelloni <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >> The EAPI=0 document was supposed to be a QA project.  What it is
> >> now, I have no idea.
> >
> > A QA subproject which has not yet released a public draft.
> >
> And it doesn't concern you that after x months, Chris had no idea
> what it was?

Chris had no idea what it was because he was being mislead by all the
people going around making absurd claims in this thread.

> >> What the Council is interested
> >> in is a specification of expected behavior of an EAPI=0 compatible
> >> package manager.
> >
> > Which is exactly what PMS is.
>
> Except it's one that needs Paludis ready before it can be considered
> complete.

It's supposed to be a specification, not a description of one program.
Had you read the thread, you'd know that already.

> /me thinks are they really that clever? /me remembers
> ciaranm's incredibly smart posts from ~2 years ago when he couldn't
> stand being treated like a noob.

Which is supposed to mean what?

> >> We asked for a specification.  If the PMS
> >> team is unable or unwilling to provide us with what we asked under
> >> the terms we asked for it
> >
> > We're working to provide it. So far, I haven't been asked for it
> > under any particular terms other than "at some point in the future,
> > and we realise that it will take a while to finish".
>
> Glad to hear it'll be here in a fortnight. See what a little free and
> open competition (or even the threat of it) can do? Welcome to the
> GPL.

This thread has slowed PMS down, not sped it up... And, uh, the GPL
doesn't come into it anywhere.

Kindly stop. You don't have a clue what you're talking about and your
attempts at trolling are highly transparent.

--
Ciaran McCreesh
Mail                                : ciaranm at ciaranm.org
Web                                 : http://ciaranm.org/