Richard Brown wrote:
Respectfully, you're wrong. When you're writing a
policy document we do need to dissect every word.

I disagree with that. At least in my country, laws are written in a flexible enough way to give judges the ability to interprete the law to a certain extend, and it works just great. I don't see why we have to dissect every word, especially since it makes it so easy to not to see the wood for the trees. The goal of the CoC is fairly vague ('getting along well'), so why is there a need to specify the way ulta-explicit?

--
Kind Regards,

Simon Stelling
Gentoo/AMD64