Ciaran McCreesh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> posted
[EMAIL PROTECTED], excerpted below, on  Sun, 25 Mar 2007
15:46:36 +0100:

> On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 10:40:51 -0400
> Mike Frysinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> On Saturday 24 March 2007, Matthias Langer wrote:
>> > In my opinion, any project that has reasonable potential to improve
>> > Gentoo as a whole
>>
>> which doesnt apply here
>
> Did you not say that finding alternatives to Portage is one of Gentoo's
> priorities?

An equally likely meaning (and the one I read into it) is that it might
benefit a particular segment of Gentoo users, but as it's not the
currently default/official package manager, it'd be a relatively small
segment, made proportionally even smaller by the fact that these bindings
would at least in the near term impact an even smaller segment of /that/
segment.

A segment of an already minor segment (certainly currently, tho that
/may/ eventually change), not likely to be something that can reasonably
be characterized as benefiting Gentoo as a whole, at least in the near to
medium term, and beyond that, well, things remain up for grabs.