Kevin F. Quinn wrote:
> People reporting bugs often get annoyed when their bug is marked
> INVALID; especially when they're relatively new to the Gentoo
> Experience.  We've all seen it many times, I'm sure.

I know I'm coming in late on this one, but I can see how having a bug
marked as INVALID with no explanation could be hurtful to the reporter.

However, if you add a comment to the effect of:

  Marking this as 'invalid' because it's not really a bug, just
  unexpected.  For a longer discussion of the issue, see
  [[some reference link]].

and then mark the bug as INVALID, maybe that's all that would be needed.

--
Jim Ramsay
Gentoo/Linux Developer (rox,gkrellm)