On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 23:34:25 +0300
Petteri Räty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> As the recent thread showed there is a lot going on in Gentoo land
> although it doesn't always seem so. I propose we extend project xml to
> describe current stuff going on in the project in question and their
> estimated completion date. Then we require this file to be updated
> monthly. What do you think?

Assuming we'd go with this, what would happen if a project doesn't update it's
file?
Realistic answer: nothing. So any such requirement is just a recommendation
anyway.
Besides there already is the <task> tag that can be used for that (though the
layout is extremely crappy).
Counter proposal: Extend planet.g.o with project feeds, e.g.
planet.g.o/projects/foo collecting news from all members of project foo
(identified by category or so). That's where most people are posting/looking
for news anyway these days.

Marius