On Wed, 2007-04-11 at 17:45 +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 12:31:01 -0400
> Chris Gianelloni <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > That's really the point here.  You should *never* have to contact the
> > maintainer first for minor QA issues like changing something as simple
> > as "insinto /etc/env.d ; doins $somefile" into "doenvd $somefile" or
> > fixing a typo.
>
> Except if you don't, the maintainer won't learn from their mistake or
> learn about the change in policy.

You're right.  There's no way at all to inform someone of a change in
policy besides filing a bug and letting things sit in the tree for days,
months, or even years before they get fixed.

Personally, I'd prefer we fix the stuff and simply inform the
maintainers, rather than force them to have to do the work as some form
of punishment for not following policy close enough.  ;]

--
Chris Gianelloni
Release Engineering Strategic Lead