Chris Gianelloni wrote:
On Wed, 2007-04-11 at 00:17 +0300, Petteri Räty wrote:
Chris Gianelloni kirjoitti:
On Tue, 2007-04-10 at 23:34 +0300, Petteri Räty wrote:
Then we require this file to be updated
monthly. What do you think?
I think Release Engineering would kill you in our off time.  This has
been brought up before, but some projects just don't have enough going
on to update on a regular cycle.

So you just change the date? I don't think we should require anything
but acknowledgment that the old data still applies.

So turn it into one more mundane and pointless task that I am forced to
perform simply because it is a matter of policy?  Having to go around
saying "yes, this is still correct" is rather wasteful, is it not?  I
know I would have to do this for several projects, all of which are not
the sort to really have updates to publish.

Seems like a reasonable idea. So many of our webpages are out of date that asking people to check any pages they "maintain" (where's our metadata.xml?) whether they're still current once in a while might work. Adding extra busywork to this by documenting it may not be worthwhile.

Thanks,
Donnie