On Tue, 2007-04-17 at 21:50 +0200, Stefan Schweizer wrote:
> It would be cool to implement a [EMAIL PROTECTED] alias just to
> assign those bugs to so that we maintainers do not need to see them.

While you may not find them useful, there have been 3 recent occasions
of user requesting things get keyworded that I maintained on
architectures where the packages didn't work.  I don't know what these
users did, but on all three occasions, I managed to step in and stop
breakage from hitting the tree *because* I was in the chain of
assignment/CC.

I see no problem with some fake alias for keywording, provided the
maintainers were still contacted first to allow them to say whether a
package is indeed ready for stabilization.  Remember, not all
stabilization/keywording bugs come from other developers/maintainers.

> > Once the last remaining arch has completed the bug, it is up to them to
> > close it. They know it's up to them to close it since the bug is
> > assigned directly to them.
>
> In my opinion the last architecture should also remove the old ebuild
> they have just made obsolete by stabling/keywording the new version,
> since they commit to the directory anyway.

This only works on cases where the older ebuild isn't in another SLOT
and nothing else requires it.  Yes, it *should* be cool to do this, but
I think cleaning up packages/ebuilds is something best left to the
maintainer.  You're always welcome to say something along the lines of
"last architecture to stable, please remove $ebuild when you're done" on
the bugs in question.

--
Chris Gianelloni
Release Engineering Strategic Lead