On 4/20/07, Rob C <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 19/04/07, Christian Faulhammer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Arch teams normally have collision-protect enabled when doing
> keywording/stabling....in my eyes this is sufficient.
Its obviously not, Many users are reporting file-collisions on a weekly
basis. So either this isn't sufficient or the arch teams are not acting as
you describe.

This can't be done yet, there's a couple of minor issues to iron out
(some python and gcc stuff collisions). After those few remaining
issues get finished, yeah this would be a useful default FEATURE.
There's quite a couple of bugs (usually pretty cryptic ones) caused by
clobbering files that belong to other ebuilds.

@Opfer: Users will usually notice many more of those collisions simply
because they are testing on a system that they normally use, while
developers are often testing in chroots or test boxes with just the
bare-bones system installed.

--

Jakub Moc
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]