Le Sat, 28 Apr 2007 13:16:27 +0000 (UTC),
Duncan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit :

> Thomas Rösner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> posted
> [EMAIL PROTECTED], excerpted below, on  Sat, 28 Apr 2007
> 14:39:43 +0200:
>

> Indeed.  That's why while I don't personally agree with the idea of
> genealogy in theology, I think it goes in sci-*, I also don't believe
> it's a big deal in terms of herd placement.  Herd placement is primarily
> of "internal Gentoo interest", that is, to Gentoo devs/ATs/etc, not even
> most users except for filing bugs and if it's automated there... .

I disagree. When searching for a software to do a given job and when I have
no idea of which software can do it, I begin to look for the ebuild descriptions
in the portage tree. It goes faster as anything else with mc. And I will never
search a genealogy program in theology, so I will just miss it if it is in
theology.

That said, I agree at it is not a big deal in term of herd placement from a
developer point of vue, but it is one, as I already said, in term of
consistency and meanings. English is not my first language, and if the
portage tree don't have a good consistency regarding to the meaning of the used
terms, I vote to replace those terms by numbers. So it will be no consistency
problem because it will be no consistency at all.

I am joking, the name of the herds are fine. And I prefer to have such a
naming policy as something as a/aa/* as on sourceforge.

Ciao,
Dominique