Hey,

Count me in on this one.  I'm taking a sabbatical from university this year,
so I have lots of time to waste.
Plus the linux kernel has since forever been on my "to-do" list.

Cheers,

Joris (krolden)

On 4/29/07, Daniel Drake <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking to find one or more people to help out with
gentoo-sources-2.6 maintenance (our primary supported kernel).

I'm looking for someone with at least:
  - Interest in kernel stuff, or a desire to become interested
  - Time to put towards the tasks
  - Enthusiasm to ask lots of questions rather than let stuff
    sit around
  - Basic experience with bugzilla
  - Basic kernel experience (i.e. you can compile your own)

Having knowledge of kernel internals or experience with kernel hacking
are not requirements because if you have time, interest and ask a lot of
questions then these will come anyway. A lot of the work doesn't involve
technical stuff, plus I was certainly very clueless about all this when
I originally got involved a couple of years ago.

Being an existing Gentoo developer is not a requirement. Most of the
work is done on bugzilla and via email. This may be a good opportunity
to get involved with development and later become a Gentoo developer for
those that are interested.

It's an enjoyable task, you get to interact with a lot of very
intelligent people upstream and you end up learning a lot.

I still intend to continue working on gentoo-sources in large capacity,
but would like to be able to have more time to spend on more aggressive
regression fixing and upstream kernel development.

Contact me offlist or on IRC if you are interested.

Thanks,
Daniel