Daniel Black ha scritto:
> As software licenses seem to be so popular to talk about on gentoo-dev how
> about this one.
>
> Marijn mentioned on Irc that the bestcrypt license commercial trial license
> shouldn't be a supported package in Gentoo.
>
> Seeking further there is more....
>
> Other licenses with a free time limited evaluation that are supported in
> Gentoo portage:
> ALMWorks-1.2
> Arkkra
> OTN
> RAR
>
> BestCrypt is similar:
> "BestCrypt for Linux is distributed as software with 30 days evaluation
> period. After evaluation period expired, the user has to either pay for
> his/her copy of BestCrypt software for Linux or uninstall it. (see  End User
> License Agreement.)"
> http://www.jetico.com/index.htm#/linux.htm (Additional Notes)
>
> Is there a need for official policy here (and a bit of package removals)?

/me votes for remove them (and app-cdr/nero)

We removed winex for a similar reason and imho it's better to remove
this crap from the repository (it's difficult to support that packages
without violate the licence)

--
Timothy `Drizzt` Redaelli - http://dev.gentoo.org/~drizzt/
FreeSBIE Developer, Gentoo Developer, GUFI Staff