On Wednesday 20 June 2007, Marius Mauch wrote:
> Mike Frysinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > mayhaps we need a new function to be run in src_install() to label
> > files as "sensitive" ... so baselayout would do:
> > esosensitive /etc/{fstab,group,passwd,shadow}
> > and then we expand the format of CONTENTS in the vdb:
> > priv /etc/fstab <hash> <mtime>
>
> And what would be phase 2 of that? Just having a new filetype
> in CONTENTS doesn't accomplish anything by itself ...

updating any tool that creates binary packages from the live $ROOT of course
silly billy

current behavior:
# quickpkg baselayout
 * Building package for sys-apps/baselayout-1.12.10-r4
 * Packages now in '/usr/portage/pacakges':
 * sys-apps/baselayout-1.12.10-r4: 307K

proposed new behavior (exact output here is not part of the discussion so dont
nit pick it):
# quickpkg baselayout
 * Building package for sys-apps/baselayout-1.12.10-r4
 *  Skipping sensitive file: /etc/passwd
 *  Skipping sensitive file: /etc/shadow
 *  Skipping sensitive file: /etc/group
 * Packages now in '/usr/portage/pacakges':
 * sys-apps/baselayout-1.12.10-r4: 307K
# quickpkg --iamsensitive baselayout
 * Building package for sys-apps/baselayout-1.12.10-r4
 *  Including sensitive file: /etc/passwd
 *  Including sensitive file: /etc/shadow
 *  Including sensitive file: /etc/group
 * Packages now in '/usr/portage/pacakges':
 * sys-apps/baselayout-1.12.10-r4: 307K
-mike