On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 21:31:50 +0200
Christian Faulhammer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I just read Donnie's nice article [1] and went through the comments.
> One saying
>
> "After switching to paludis, I installed layman, and used it to
> kick-start some of the overlays.gentoo.org stuff. Paludis expects more
> discipline, apparently, and there was some manual effort to configure,
> say, the emacs overlay. Had to create several files and directories to
> silence the error traces."
>
> Can anyone tell me what those messages actually are to fix it?

Hrm, I don't see any warnings for the emacs overlay using the following
(native, not Portage) configuration:

location = /var/paludis/repositories/emacs
format = ebuild
sync = svn+http://overlays.gentoo.org/svn/proj/emacs/emacs-overlay
master_repository = gentoo
write_cache = /var/cache/paludis/metadata/

Usually when people get errors with an overlay it's because of a
missing profiles/repo_name file, which isn't the case here.

--
Ciaran McCreesh