Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 21:02:46 +0100
> George Prowse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> If you want to know how to get a better relationship with users...
>> ask them!
>>

> Any user who will see and respond to a question is unrepresentative
> of the user base in general.

So if ten users reply then, are all ten individually wrong too?  You
have to start somewhere.  This is some of what users are complaining
about is users not being able to connect with the devs, other higher ups
and have a little say over where Gentoo is going or maybe has been so
far..   Also note, he didn't say to ask just one, he said "them" which
means more than one person and quite possibly all that wish to reply.  I
just decided to grow a pair today and speak up.

I wish ALL users would vote in a poll on the forums as to what we the
users want and what direction we want Gentoo to go in.  Given the
current climate, which is improving by the way, I'm not expecting that
to happen anytime soon.  I doubt anyone is brave enough to start one or
that enough would participate either.  It's no different than elections
here in the US, people gripe but most of the gripers don't vote.

If this poll ever does happen, please post a link.  I'd be glad to
participate.

Dale