Donnie Berkholz wrote:
> On 21:14 Mon 24 Sep     , Ryan Hill wrote:
>> - is the stuff in global scope kosher?  i've seen other eclasses do
>> similar, but i want to be sure.  the reason for the looping is because
>> i figure calling built_with_use in global would get me hung.
>
>>      for wxtoolkit in gtk2 base; do
>>              debug-print "global outer loop - wxtoolkit is ${wxtoolkit}"
>>              for wxdebug in release debug; do
>>                      debug-print "global inner loop - wxdebug is ${wxdebug}"
>>                      wxconf="${wxtoolkit}-${wxchar}-${wxdebug}-${WX_GTK_VER}"
>>                      debug-print "testing for config ${wxconf}"
>>                      [[ -f /usr/$(get_libdir)/wx/config/${wxconf} ]] ||
>> continue
>
> Checking for existence of files in global scope?

Yeah.  These config files work like pkg-config, in that calling, say,
`gtk2-unicode-release-2.8 --libs` outputs the linker flags needed to link
to those libraries.  We need a way to know what config scripts are available.
This is the least expensive way i could think of, a minimum of one and max of
four stat calls.

I'm also going to drop the debug-prints here as there's too much overhead.

>>                      debug-print "found config ${wxconf} - setting WX_CONFIG"
>>                      WX_CONFIG="/usr/$(get_libdir)/wx/config/${wxconf}"
>>                      # TODO: needed for the wx-config wrapper
>>                      #WX_ECLASS_CONFIG="${WX_CONFIG}"
>>                      break
>>              done
>>              [[ -n ${WX_CONFIG} ]] && break
>>      done
>>      [[ -n ${WX_CONFIG} ]] && export WX_CONFIG #WX_ECLASS_CONFIG
>
> OK, so let me try to follow the logic of preferences here:
>
> 1. gtk2-release
> 2. gtk2-debug
> 3. base-release
> 4. base-debug
>
> Does that mean they can't get a debug setup if the release one is found?
> Does a debug build only produce debug and not release?

True.  For example the 2.6 ebuild will install one of gtk2-ansi-release-2.6 or
gtk2-ansi-debug-2.6 depending on the debug USE flag.  With USE="-X" it installs
base-ansi-release-2.6 or base-ansi-debug-2.6.  gtk2 builds provide both the gtk2
and base libraries so are preferred over plain base.

It technically possible to install debug and release builds side-by-side.  In
fact, the previous version of this eclass was designed around it.  Some invasive
hackery was needed to pull it off though, and we decided not to support it.

>> else
>>      :
>> fi
>
> What's up with the 'else' here?

oops, leftover from debugging.  i had an echo in there, then replaced it with
a no-op and forgot to remove it completely.

> Thanks,
> Donnie

Thanks for taking the time to look at it.

--
                  fonts / wxWindows / gcc-porting / treecleaners
  9B81 6C9F E791 83BB 3AB3  5B2D E625 A073 8379 37E8 (0x837937E8)