On Nov 29, 2007 1:43 AM, Alec Warner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Forcing people to write documentation won't get it written, people
> will continue to act like we just saw and either the rule will get
> ignored, or someone will change the rule, or people will leave because
> the rule is enforced aggressively and it has ruined the ability to
> contribute to the project.
>
> This is why I offered to write the GLEP for Diego and Cardoe, because
> I know they are not interested in writing it themselves.  Thats why we
> have a doc-team that for some sick reason enjoy writing and
> maintaining documentation.

It would be reasonable to require devs to:
a) Document changes before commiting when it's possible.
b) When a) is not applicable, ask doc project to document it before commiting.
c) When neither a) or b) are possible, file a bug asking for doc
update for the commited changes.

--
Santiago M. Mola
Jabber ID: [EMAIL PROTECTED]