Sébastien Fabbro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> posted [EMAIL PROTECTED],
excerpted below, on  Fri, 14 Dec 2007 19:52:03 +0000:

>> Hmm, i know this isn't a support list, but as it fits quite well: can
>> you tell me what configuration files I have to look for?
>
> At some point, one possibility was to create a
> /etc/portage/env/<cat>/<package> file with your own set of environment
> variables in it. But I have not checked lately if we can still do this.

Should still work, AFAIK (has been here on ~portage), but is portage
(package manager) specific and then only works on the bash side, not the
python side, so it won't always work as intended for stuff like features.