On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 17:37:37 +0800
Zhang Le <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> > On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 17:01:23 +0800
> > Zhang Le <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> And postpone until some doc is out.
> >
> > There is absolutely no need for such a doc. You don't need to
> > understand every last detail of why things are the way they are in
> > order to use the new format. The only people who need to understand
> > the technicalities are those writing the package managers.
>
> And what if that is my real intent?
> No, just joking, but I am curious.

Then you're up for a long hard "working it out for yourself and asking
lots of intelligent, well thought out questions (because any other kind
won't get answers) to people who've already done it" struggle. You have
the benefit of PMS to tell you more or less what the package manager /
ebuild API is, but you're on your own for the rest.

--
Ciaran McCreesh