Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> On Sat, 05 Jan 2008 18:19:10 +0100
> Luca Barbato <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> PS: has anybody checked how viable is now qemu-system ?
>
> Testing on qemu isn't anything like testing on real hardware. It's not
> a reliable or useful way of doing arch work.

We ALL know that the right way is to build on the target hw, test on the
hw and do that in a TIMELY manner.

Now, since seems that certain arches do not have enough hw or people
which are the workaround to have stuff tested to a minimum in time?

- emulate such hardware if you don't own it
- use cross-distcc if you have the hardware but takes ages to build or
just requires too much power.
- use qemu-system or qemu-softmmu if you don't have access to the hw.

lu

--

Luca Barbato
Gentoo Council Member