On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 19:59:39 +0200 Petteri Räty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Krzysiek Pawlik kirjoitti:
> > Yuri Vasilevski wrote:
> >> I would say drop it from system and add to RDEPEND in kernel-2.eclass
> >> for ${ETYPE} == sources.
> >
> > IMHO that's a bad idea - everybody use some kernel sources, but not
> > everybody runs `make install'. I'm for dropping debianutils from
> > system.
> >

> BSD, prefix etc. I would say breaking make install is worse than
> requiring people to keep debianutils installed. They can just use
> package.provided if they want to get rid of it.

What's wrong with making it an optional dependency? Something like a
useflag

makeinstall - Set this if you use 'make install' to install your kernels.

which would trigger the dependency. That way, both groups of people have
their way without breaking dependencies, right?

MSB

--
You know that you're lonely when you start laughing at your own jokes.