Bo Ørsted Andresen a écrit :
On Tuesday 18 March 2008 00:42:02 Gilles Dartiguelongue wrote:
Now, basically, if the portage metadata or QA people could tell me a way
to figure *all* the ebuilds that inherit gnome2 *and* have a
pkg_preinst() function somewhere (either in the ebuild or in an eclass
somewhere) I'd really appreciate it, as I really don't want to read
through thousands of ebuilds to figure it out.
Here is my brute force method:

Wow.. :p

+1 :)

Gilles, I'll ping you later so that maybe we can come up with a good list based on your silly oneliners ;)

$ inquisitio --repository gentoo --all-versions --compact --keys INHERITED \
    --matcher exact gnome2 | cut -d' ' -f2 | tee gnome2-inherited.list

[...]

While inquisitio may not be faster it is certainly more reliable. Another option
is to rely on the metadata cache in an rsync tree where INHERITED is the tenth
line in each entry.

Bo, what is inquisitio, who wrote it? Where can I get it?

/me mumbles that Gentoo needs better QA tools, or at least to publicize the ones we already have :)

Thanks

Rémi