On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 04:35:36PM -0400, Doug Goldstein wrote:
> How does everyone feel about the proposed layout and syntaxes of GLEP 27?
> Do we want to revisit this GLEP with an updated GLEP or status quo?
> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/glep/glep-0027.html
I'm strongly in favour of moving forward with it.

Way back in the past of Gentoo, a stab was made at keeping a single
static file, but nobody bothered with it, since it wasn't in the
gentoo-x86 tree.

For GLEP27, I believe there was a SoC some years ago implementing it, I
don't know what became of that code.

My specific interest in it is for having a sane UID/GIDs that are
identical between a set of machines, regardless of the order packages
are emerged in.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
Gentoo Linux Developer & Infra Guy