On Wednesday 16 April 2008 09:56:04 Mateusz A. Mierzwiński wrote:
> My Prof from US used to say - if something is working good why we should
> replace it? When we do that we can be "sent to the tree with bananas
> straighting proposition" by OS.

I think it has been made quite clear in this thread that the current solution
isn't "working good". Look at the cases where people mistakenly uninstalled
coreutils instead of mktemp. Not to mention the fact that uninstalling mktemp
before upgrading coreutils is indeed the wrong solution.

--
Bo Andresen
Gentoo KDE Dev