Luca Barbato kirjoitti:
Alistair Bush wrote:
++. I actually have no problem with agreeing with it, currently my problem is the complete and utter lack of any _planned_ upgrade path. What do we think users are going to be saying at the end of the year when after every sync they have to revdep-rebuild. Maybe, if we proceed with this, we investigate what can have its la files removed and do it all in one go. therefore ppl won't have to rebuild kde/gnome ( or any other large and time consuming package) over and over and over and over and over and over ....... again. Hell it would even be better to "batch" a few conversions so that each revdep-rebuild fixes multiple breakages in one.

Call that an experiment, do not start screaming but just try to help a bit.

I think we could have those change masked now and unmasked once we got something sorted better.

lu

And remember folks that if you don't want to deal with regular breaks, you should not be using ~arch.

Regards,
Petteri