On 4/30/08, Fabian Groffen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 30-04-2008 19:51:42 +0300, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
>  > On 4/30/08, Denis Dupeyron <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  > > It's my pleasure to introduce Markus Duft (mduft) as a new developer.
>  > >  He will go among us under the name of mduft, and will work in the
>  > >  Gentoo/Alt project porting Gentoo Prefix to Interix. Yes, people, that
>  > >  means Gentoo on Win32.
>  >
>  > Welcome!
>  >
>  > I will love to see Windows support via cygwin and not commartial product.
>  > Something like [1], [2].
>

> Interix is free and these days bundled with Windwows, IIRC.

I couldn't understand it from [1], anyway the source is unavailable right?

>  Why do you want it to run on Cygwin?  (Honest question...)

It is the only project I know providing good support for POSIX Windows
platform while having Open Source license.

But if you are correct and a good POSIX layer is provided built-in in
Windows, I will be happy to see stage3 for Windows.

Alon.

[1] http://www.interix.com/products_services.htm