On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 7:44 AM, Ciaran McCreesh
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sat, 31 May 2008 07:38:12 +0530
> "Nirbheek Chauhan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> 1) You say the benefits haven't been pointed out, while several posts
>> have already done so. You seem to be the only one pretending to be
>> unaware of them.
>
> No no no. The benefits described would be obtained by fixing libtool.
> What you get from as-needed is a half-arsed sometimes-working subset of
> those benefits. as-needed is not the fix for the libtool problems.

Once again, you do not support your argument with anything but your
own word. Don't make me choke on the salt please :)

>> 2) The "expense of breaking things" is completely unqualified in your
>> post. Here's some context: "expense" is minimal since the problem is
>> easily fixable, and "breaking things" is the list of bugs on the
>> tracker bug -- 19 with most of them already having patches that just
>> need to be committed
>
> And all of which are utterly pointless.

Ah, that's assuming your arguments are right, and your arguments
aren't supported, so I'll take some more salt with this one.

>> 3) You say fixing libtool is the correct solution but you don't say
>> why or explain how. You don't give any information at all, and due to
>> the non-existant evidence, I am going to take the statement with a
>> fist of salt.
>
> I'm assuming everyone contributing to this thread knows exactly what the
> libtool problems are... But from the looks of things, plenty of people
> are quite happy to jump in and yell when they don't have the slightest
> clue what the root problem is, what as-needed changes, what as-needed
> breaks or how as-needed is unrelated to the problem.

Once again, rhetoric and insults without logic or reason. We all know
you know that you need facts to convince people, but you're not
providing any facts. One can only conclude that your purpose is not to
convince. I honestly am baffled what purpose you have in mind.

> And unfortunately,
> it looks like those people are the ones that're going to be making the
> decisions.

Excellent, then you are free to point and laugh when we trip and fall.
In the meantime, if you truly think everyone is making the wrong
decision, talk with some facts and/or statistics.

--
~Nirbheek Chauhan