Doug Goldstein wrote:
An clearly motivation explanation that I didn't add, which I'm going to add once I send this is the fact that as per the QA Project, use.local.desc can not contain a USE flag that already appears globally in use.desc. This would allow a description for that USE flag to be contained in the metadata.

What reason does the QA Project have to disallow such thing? Is it just so that package-specific info does not concentrate in one huge file? Or is it the danger that the meaning of package-specific flags would drift too far from the global flag's meaning and lead to confusion? If it's the first, then metadata.xml seems like a good place. If the latter, then it wouldn't make much sense to approve the syntax and then disallowing it by QA :)

I encourage any and all _technical_ feedback.

Technically, I think linking to blogs, especially outside of g.o domain is not the best thing durability-wise :)
--
Vlastimil Babka (Caster)
Gentoo/Java