On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 12:27 PM, Jeroen Roovers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> To anyone (else) out there who thinks that bug wranglers should be
> punished when they make mistakes in the heap of unthankful work they
> perform on a more than daily basis, I would like you to know that if
> you reassign bugs (back) to bug-wranglers@ without properly
> communicating the reason you are doing so, I have no option but to
> close the bug as CANTFIX. The reasoning is that bug-wranglers is a
> waystation (or perhaps a reception desk) between users and developers -
> we cannot begin to fix your bugs for you.

Sounds reasonable to me. Can't be too hard to do "Assigning back to
b-w's because I don't maintain this package" or similar.

On a side note: How is the "b-w SOP doc" coming? It is obvious to me
the b-w is tedious a time consuming so I would like to help every now
and then but I really am not sure about the rules wrt assignment just
by looking at metadata.xml. IMO, b-w'ing is something that anyone can
do.