On 21:51 Mon 07 Jul     , Joe Peterson wrote:
> Donnie Berkholz wrote:
> > I actually object to having crap in dev-python, because things should be
> > categorized functionally instead of by the language they're implemented
> > in. 90% of the time you don't care about the language. But category
> > moves are pretty much pointless, so I don't normally bring it up.
>
> Do you mean it is pointless because categories are pointless, or because
> it is not worth the trouble of doing the move?  I assume we inherited
> the category idea from fbsd ports.

I meant moves were largely pointless, although categories are to a
lesser extent. Tags would be a lot better, since nothing can be
categorized perfectly into a single place.

> Since we have categories (and assuming we'll keep them), I think that
> things should be categorized as correctly as possible (perhaps it's not
> the highest priority, but better to have it right than not, eventually).

I don't think it's worth losing track of the CVS history just so we can
have something in a different place that ultimately is hardly useful to
anyone.

--
Thanks,
Donnie