On 05:30 Tue 01 Jul     , Mike Frysinger wrote:
> If you have something you'd wish for us to chat about, maybe even
> vote on, let us know !  Simply reply to this e-mail for the whole
> Gentoo dev list to see.

Here's the proposed agenda. Please respond if I forgot something, it's
unclear, or you have another suggestion. As before, since we have an
agenda in advance we won't be holding an open floor.

--
Thanks,
Donnie

Donnie Berkholz
Developer, Gentoo Linux
Blog: http://dberkholz.wordpress.com
People who need to take action
==============================
Non-council members who need to do something.

araujo [Document of being an active developer]
vapier [Slacker arches]
antarus [as-needed by default]
cardoe [GLEP 56]
fmccor [Extent of Code of Conduct enforcement]

Updates to last month's topics
==============================

http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/council/meeting-logs/20080612-summary.txt

Document of being an active developer
-------------------------------------
Requested attendees: araujo

Preparation: araujo needs to post progress, an updated certificate and
any new requests to the gentoo-council or gentoo-project list 4+ hours
before the meeting.

Goal: Suggest changes. This should happen on-list. No discussion
expected.

Slacker arches
--------------
Preparation: vapier needs to send the post 4+ hours before the meeting.
(Mike, is this ever going to happen?)

Goal: Suggest changes. This should happen on-list. No discussion
expected.

Can the council help fewer bugs get ignored by arm/sh/s390 teams?
Preparation: Someone on an undermanned arch team needs to describe their
workflow on-list 4+ hours before the meeting. Any volunteers?

Goal: Suggest changes. This should happen on-list. No discussion
expected.

New topics
==========

Appeals of spb, rbrown, & philantrop
------------------------------------
Preparation: Reach decisions.

Goal: Announce decisions no later than July 10 via personal emails and
on-list to avoid disrupting the meeting.

Meeting frequency & time
------------------------
Do we want biweekly meetings that last one hour each?

Here are the time slots we found using whenisgood.net:
        2000-2100 UTC Thursday
        1600-1800 UTC Sunday (conflicts: flameeyes, jokey)

Preparation: Respond to the ongoing thread regarding your opinion on
biweekly meetings.

Goal: Vote on time & frequency on the council alias no later than July
10.

as-needed by default
--------------------
antarus requested that we vote on whether to add it to the default
LDFLAGS.

Preparation: Antarus will post a deployment plan to -dev for discussion.
We can vote on it on -council as soon as it solidifies. (Alec, please do
this by July 17.)

Goal: Status check with antarus.

GLEP 54
-------
Preparation: Preparation: Post your opinion to the -dev thread "A few
questions to our nominees" 4+ hours before the meeting.

Last month:
        dberkholz:
http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/msg_c6e4ba8293f50c1e0444e67d59cf85ea.xml
        lu_zero:
http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/msg_05614741b3942bfdfb21fd8ebb7955e0.xml

Goal: Status check at meeting to see who's ready to vote. Vote on-list
no later than July 17.

GLEP 55
-------
Preparation: Post your opinion to the -dev thread "GLEP 55" 4+ hours
before the meeting.

Last month:
        dberkholz:
http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/msg_c6e4ba8293f50c1e0444e67d59cf85ea.xml

Goal: Status check at meeting to see who's ready to vote. Vote on-list
once we're ready.

GLEP 56
-------
Preparation: Post your opinion to the -dev thread "[GLEP56] USE flag
descriptions in metadata" 4+ hours before the meeting. (Cardoe: Did the
requested updates ever get made?)

Last month:
        dberkholz:
http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/msg_54ee20d2b1d8122370afdd4b3d7aafc9.xml

Goal: Status check at meeting to see who's ready to vote. Vote on-list
no later than July 17, if requested changes are made.

User Relations authority
------------------------
Ferris asks: Does userrel have the authority to enforce the Code of
Conduct on users in the same way devrel does for developers?

Preparation: Donnie will start a thread on the -council list. Post your
opinion there. If everyone's posted in advance of the meeting, status
check at meeting to see who's ready to vote.

Goal: Reach a decision on-list no later than July 17.

Extent of Code of Conduct enforcement
IRC channels, etc.)? Who can do it, how's it work, under whose
authority? Are there any prerequisites? He cites the corner case of
refusal to accept a security patch.

Ferris, I couldn't make enough sense out of your long email to council@
to summarize any more of it reasonably, sorry. Please send a response to
this that succinctly clarifies any part of your agenda proposals that I
got wrong.

Preparation: Clarification from Ferris. After that, Donnie will start a