On 15-07-2008 19:53:47 +0200, Rémi Cardona wrote:
> Marius Mauch wrote:
>> Potential problems:
>> - might cause trouble for some packages that use custom code for
>> unpacking, or due to circular deps, this could simply be solved with a
>> new RESTRICT value though.
>
> As long as this is done to allow a 100% manual override, then this is a
> _very_ good idea.

Manual override as in "emerge --nodeps" or something.  I have no
examples at hand, but during bootstrapping I have more than often a
problem with dependencies, which requires careful manual emerging of
packages (often ignoring deps) because those deps cannot be compiled
or emerged yet.

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level