080717 Jeremy Olexa wrote:
> Philip Webb wrote:
>> [2] http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-awk1.html
>> '03 Jul 2008' has been added since I sent my comment to them yesterday !
>> However, the incorrect URL for Gentoo Technologies -- www.gentoo.org --
>> is still there, probably because I didn't mention it in my comment,
>> so I'll try sending them another.
> I don't know all the details or the 'proper' way to handle
> what you are doing. But I wanted to say thanks for spending time on this.

Thanks (big smile) !  It's good to have a bit of encouragement.

There's really no more to say here: my initial message was about IBM
& I reacted as might any casual reader of their page,
wondering why they were including 8-year-old information re its author.
I did not remember that it was also included in Gentoo docs, but now do.

It's clear to me by now that Gentoo does the correct & sensible thing:
reproduce the original as it was in 2000 with a prominent disclaimer.
It's IBM which is not doing that & needs prodding: I've sent another comment.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,  Philip Webb : [EMAIL PROTECTED]