Olivier CrĂȘte wrote:
On Mon, 2008-07-14 at 18:01 -0400, Doug Goldstein wrote:
This brings out the fun of circular depends. I don't really know how to address this but a lot of packages are going to have to be updated to contain proper depends. i.e. C based apps will need RDEPEND="virtual/libc". C++ packages will need a stdc++ depend.

Adding a dep to libc almost everywhere seems extremely wrong to me. I
though we had decided many times that it was a bad idea.

Yes. Adding libc everywhere is wrong. However, if you don't have one of the packages listed here [1], your libc won't ever update.

[1] http://tinderbox.dev.gentoo.org/misc/rindex/virtual/libc